Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Hi, my name is Barbara ~ and I am a mother of 3.

Welcome Baby William. He was born April 2nd, a hefty 7 lbs, 10oz. The heaviest of all three and the easiest delivery by far!
William is now nearly 8 months old, and the picture of perfect health.
Rachael and Robbie adore their little brother. They play gently with him everyday and delight in teaching him new things. Peek-a-boo seems to be the game of choice this week. Hearing their laughter and seeing the joy on their faces is priceless. Especially on Rachael's face.
During her prayers at bedtime just before William was born, Rachael prayed for her new baby brother to be healthy, not to be sick like Robbie was. She cried, I cried. I cried for Rachael, ("the family sweetheart" according to a family member) who at such a young age had experienced, watched and heard about death, major illness and the life and death struggle and ongoing treatment, including reconstructive surgery for her little brother, Robbie, a near death experience of her father and a bed-ridden Mother from illness. When Robbie was later diagnosed with severe asthma, she reluctantly gave away her two cats, Tisha and Poly. Her little heart was obviously so afraid that this new baby would bring another major disruption of her life. I wept as I held her in my arms and tried to let her understand that this baby is healthy and we are so thankful for him, even though at the time I was on bedrest for hypertension and the ultrasounds that I had done indicated that we were going to have another underweight baby, or IUGR, as the term goes.
Time slowly passed while on bed rest, but the glorious day finally arrived on April 2nd, 2007. One week overdue, William David Harris entered the world. Crying and moving and healthy!
What a miracle! Life since that moment has not been the same. The love that I feel for my three beautiful children is like no other love I have ever felt. I have been given these gifts, what a blessing!
Time is short these days! I will update again soon, belive me, I haven't even gotten to the car accident yet!

Love,
Barbara

2 Comments:

Blogger Constance said...

Of course, I may be prejudiced but I think all five of my grandchildren are just darlings. You deserve special praise for all you have survived this past few years...because of inner strength given to you by God. I love you.
Mom

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was excited to come here and see an update :-) I hope to read more soon. Congratulations on the birth of a wonderful, healthy baby!!

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home