Thursday, March 02, 2006

Middle aged at 25? Well, it is beginning to seem so. While learning to live in the real world, going to college, being in debt, having children and being married, I am beginning to feel like I am in my mid forties, but now we have just purchased a minivan!!!
A family automobile.
Good bye to my youth! Good bye to my dreams of owning a sports car, and having my hair fly in the breeze on a sunny afternoon with the top down. Good bye to wild parties, where the only worries I had were how I was going to explain "this one" to my parents. Goodbye to only caring about which purse I should wear with my heels. Now that I wear orthotics, I can't even wear heels anymore. Running shoes just seem to make good common sense anyway. (hahaha) Goodbye to spontaneity! Good bye to quick decision making for ventures to the city or to a night out on the town. Good bye to expensive car stereo equipment (that has no doubt made me lose some hearing over the years).
Good bye and good riddance! If that is all I have to lose for all that I have now, then that is just fine with me. Nothing is more precious to me than the people I love and the memories I have. And besides, it's probably about time I started to grow up... At least a little. The best things in life aren't purchased with money, they are things that are felt in the heart.
Love, Barbara

2 Comments:

Blogger daisymarie said...

true, very, very true! at least you learned it while you're still young!!!

what's funny is that i was thinking that now that i'm "older" and the kids are (were) gone i could finally get the sportser...wrong: now grammy needs a van!!!!! lol

4:38 PM  
Blogger Constance said...

Yes, o you of the brown curly hair and fair complexion. I say not good-bye to spontanaeity but fare-well to impulsivity. Please God there may be a difference. Amen.

And you may yet wear heels again in a pinch. I expect to see your hair blowing in the wind when you let it down some summer day. Thank God for your resilience. Thank God for your perseverence. Thank God for your effervescence. Thank God.
Thank God.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home