Monday, October 03, 2005

Inner Peace
This morning I woke up with a sense of peace and serenity.
How very odd that on a cloudy morning, after not being able to sleep well, I should awake to feel somewhat refreshed, ready to handle this next twenty four hours.
The reason I speak of this is, because I normally don't. I really don't like mornings.
Life in the past while has been traumatic and dreadful most of the time.
In the past 3 months, my new son, Robbie has been diagnosed with Asthma, Congenital muscular torticollis, was born with I.U.G.R., and another little glitch that will be fixed through reconstructive surgery on January the 10th of next year. Many midnight trips to the hospital, ambulance rides to pediatric hospials, clinics and physiotherapy have made my life a little shaky this past while. My husband suffers from an auto immune disease which greatly affects his well being and enjoyment of life. Just this past month or so he has lost and regained 25 pounds. Risky business if you ask me, but the doctors want to avoid surgery like the black plague. So does my husband. And I can't blame them, really. Who does ever really WANT to have surgery?
Tomorrow I take a trip with my son to the Asthma clinic. His last bad episode with asthma was just last week when he was placed on prednisone to reduce the inflammation in his lungs.
I pray that everything will be fine.
This morning however, apon awaking and after praying that this day be free from self seeking motives, resentment, and of fear, this calm warm feeling came over me. Today is a new day, and all I need to do is to ask for help that I may do God's Will.
I know there is a plan for us all, and as soon as I start listening and stop fighting my life will go according to plan. Remembering that it is not my plan, but his.
This brings about my Inner Peace
Barbara

1 Comments:

Blogger Constance said...

Congratulations. This is a wonderful blog. I really could feel that peace as a palpable reality. Amen. Amen.

Now, could you come over and help me tweak my blog and get my picture on it.

I think I'd like to pass the news of this blog on to a couple of friends.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home